Sunday, June 21, 2020

Ep. 66: Providing Leverage


Hi! My name is Terry J. Aman and this installment marks my 66th episode of "VideoFuzzy," reporting the progress I've made in cataloging nearly 2,900 VHS transfers and digital recordings. In this installment, titled "Providing Leverage," I was joined by Marc Bailey of the "Grailwolf's Geek Life" podcast via Facebook Rooms in celebrating the three-year anniversary of this podcast with a where-have-they-been conversation about Jossverse actors.

First, however, I feature the pilot episode of "Leverage," titled "The Nigerian Job." In Cross Connections, I track Timothy Hutton, Mark Valley, Lily Tomlin, and track Michael O'Neill as a Golden Thread running throughout my media collection.

In my Classic VHS-to-DVD Collection, I talk about encountering the series finale of "Boston Legal," along with episodes of "The West Wing," "Eli Stone," "Fringe," a scrap of grid search and election night 2008 featuring John McCain's concession speech and President-Elect Barack Obama's Grant Park address.

In my Direct-to-DVD Collection, I touch briefly on a second season episode from "Supernatural" featuring La Monde Byrd as blues musician Robert Johnson and introducing a crossroads demon, early proof-of-concept for Mark A. Sheppard's long-running Crowley character.

I then transition to a wide-ranging conversation with Marc Bailey discussing Jossverse actors in such shows as "Angel," "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," "Firefly," "Serenity," "Dollhouse," "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog," "Seal Team," "Harley Quinn," "Powerless," "Miracles," "Point Pleasant," "Wonderfalls," "Dietland," "Castle," "Pearson," "The Crazy Ones," "Chance," "Tru Calling" and Joss Whedon's "Much Ado About Nothing," with comments touching on "Star Wars," Kenneth Branagh's "Murder on the Orient Express," remastering issues and spoiler etiquette.


VideoFuzzy

No comments:

Post a Comment