Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Ep. 48: Live in Front of a Studio Podcast


Hi! My name is Terry J. Aman and this installment marks my 48th episode of "VideoFuzzy," my twice-monthly progress report on cataloging more than 2,800 VHS transfers and digital recordings. In this installment, titled "Live in Front of a Studio Podcast," I pull up the third season premiere of "Psych," guest starring Cybil Shepherd for my Friday Night Feature, and run through a selection of Gus's nicknames.
In Cross Connections, I trace connections from Todd Stashwick taking on a side role in "Psych" and his appearances throughout my media collection, and Elysia Rotaru in a smaller number of shows in my archives, but one of them is "Fringe," so I'm definitely looking forward to seeing those when they turn up.

In my VHS-to-DVD Classic Collection transfers, I found Tori Amos giving a live performance of "Bouncing Off Clouds" on an episode of the Graham Norton Show, which also featured her in a 1980s ad for Just Right cereal. I also found a minute or so of what turned out to be Pamela Anderson's "V.I.P." interrupting a fourth-season episode of "The Shield," in which I saw what looked a lot like Glenn Close standing in front of my media collection circa 2008. ;)

Also, in contrast to last time, I found some hilarious first-season episodes of "Monty Python's Flying Circus." Finally, the seventh season premiere of "Monk" was dedicated to the memory of longtime supporting character Stanley Kamel as Dr. Kroger.
In my direct-to-DVD Current Collection recordings, I caught the presentation of ABC's "Live in Front of a Studio Audience" production hosted by Jimmy Kimmel and Norman Lear, featuring episode remakes of "All in the Family" and "The Jeffersons," followed by a commentary episode of "Nightline." Also, comments on "A Discovery of Witches," "Fosse Verdon," "Happy," and the third season finale of "Brockmire." And in my Nerd Shows, I chat about a History Channel presentation of "The Dead Sea Scrolls" with comments on episodes of "How the Universe Works" and "Breakthrough."
And oh hey, my new mic arrived in the mail! Too late for this episode, but tune in next time and we'll find out what I sound like. Cheers!


VideoFuzzy

No comments:

Post a Comment