Saturday, May 18, 2019

Ep. 47: Podcasting In Plain Sight


Hi! My name is Terry J. Aman and this installment marks my 47th episode of "VideoFuzzy," my twice-monthly progress report on cataloging more than 2,800 VHS transfers and digital recordings. In this installment, titled "Podcasting in Plain Sight," I finally chat about "In Plain Sight" for my Friday Night Feature, a first-season episode featuring a somewhat cheesy '80s-style murder mystery plot centered at an art gallery, in which I draw connections between this show and "Burn Notice," another USA Networks production.

In Cross Connections, I trace connections from "In Plain Sight" and from a rather eye-popping string of appearances by actor Patrick Fischler throughout my media collection. In the VHS-to-DVD transfers I talk about for my Classic Collection, touched off by a slug of episodes of "The Simpsons," I trace synchronous Bob Fosse references, off-putting late-series installments of "Monty Python's Flying Circus," and I trace connections through Spike TV's short run basic cable improv sitcom "The Factory."

In my direct-to-DVD Current Collection, I zip through comments on "Supernatural," "A Discovery of Witches," "Superstore," "Brockmire," "Fosse Verdon," "Happy," and in movies, I added the FX presentations of M. Night Shyamalan's "Split" and Marvel's "X-Men Apocalypse," Dorothy L Sayers' "Haunted Honeymoon" (1940) and Agatha Christie's "Murder, She Said" (1961), and Mel Brooks' "Blazing Saddles" (1974). Also, all thoughts and strength to "Jeopardy!" host Alex Trebek as he's fighting pancreatic cancer, and to friends and family of Tim Conway in the wake of his passing.

In my Video Outreach segment, I sit down with friend and fellow podcaster Marc Bailey, also known as Grailwolf, and we share our thoughts and reactions Marvel's epic adventure "Avengers: Endgame" and comments on Joss Whedon. In Upcoming Shows, I highlight the third-season premiere of TNT's "Claws" on June 9, and FXX's 10th-season premiere "Archer 1999" on May 29, and Brian Greene's "Light Falls: Space, Time and an Obsession of Einstein" set for PBS also on May 29. Plus, the premiere of my Video Outtakes segment. Happy viewing!


VideoFuzzy

No comments:

Post a Comment