Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Ep. 26: Bringing the Thunder


Hi! My name is Terry J. Aman and this installment marks my 26th episode of "VideoFuzzy," my twice-monthly progress report on cataloging more than 2,700 VHS transfers and digital recordings. In this installment, titled "Bringing the Thunder" I talk about the 2006 MTV Video Music Awards, hosted by Jack Black and featuring strong performances by Panic! At the Disco, Busta Rhymes, Missy Elliot, Ludacris, The Pussycat Dolls, Jack White and the Raconteurs and many more.

I talk about podcasts I've been listening to, including "Damn That Television," the "Reduced Shakespeare Company" podcast, WCBU's "Out and About" podcast focused on the arts scene in central Illinois, the official unofficial "Legion" fan podcast, "Voices of Deconversion," "Ask Me Another" and "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me," along with a couple more production-centered podcasts including "The Feed" by Libsyn podcast host staffers and "Build a Big Podcast" by David Hooper. Check them out!

In my Classic Collection, I talk about a public television series I encountered called "Beyond Theology." I also ran into episodes of "Prison Break" and "Hustle." And in some old business, I broke into a new Frankendisc, repairing the fractured copy of "Gaslight" I talked about in Episode 25. In my Current Collection, I cataloged copies of "Interstellar," "The Martian" and an episode of "The Magicians."

In What I've Been Watching, I watched full seasons of "Taboo" and "Siren," episodes of "Legion," "Superstore," "Bob's Burgers," "Brockmire," and "Full Frontal," three old episodes of "The Twilight Zone," a PBS biography of Nikolai Telsa and installments of "Civilization" focused on art and religion. Also, I saw Quentin Tarantino's "Death Proof," Aaron Sorkin's "The Social Network" and trippy '70s production "Logan's Run," and Marvel movies "Captain America: The First Avenger" and "Ant-Man."

Also, I'm on Twitter! Follow me at @tjVideoFuzzy :)


VideoFuzzy

No comments:

Post a Comment