Sunday, June 19, 2022

Ep. 82: Expanding My Mystical Center


Hi! My name is Terry J. Aman and this installment marks my 82nd episode of VideoFuzzy, reporting the progress I've made in cataloging more than 3,000 VHS transfers and digital recordings. For this installment, titled "Expanding My Mystical Center," my Fuzzy Feature highlights the pilot episode of Ryan Murphy's "Glee." After some soul-searching, I have determined, 82 episodes in, Ryan Murphy's works represent a third chakra at the mystical center of my media collection, that challenge now designated as "Studio Murphy Under."

I explore several cross connections through "Glee" and other Ryan Murphy productions, as well as several movies and shows I watched in my classic and current collections, including Greta Garbo in 1933's "Queen Christina," and through the 1960 Korean language film "The Housemaid." 

In my Classic Collection (VHS-to-DVD), comments on Tim Roth's "Funny Games" from 2007, "Drop Dead Diva," catalog debuts for "Glee," "Drawn Together" and "Vampire Diaries." Also, "Alias," "Warehouse 13," "Medium," "Eureka," "Prison Break," "Mad Men," "Grey's Anatomy" and "Rescue Me."

Tracking information from an episode of "Six Feet Under" I found out they made a TV movie of "Fargo" starring Edie Falco and I am excited to track that down, along with indie film "In a World" and maybe 2005's "Bobby." Also, Bravo's presentation of Madonna's "Confessions" tour in Wembley Stadium from August 2007.

In my Current Collection (direct-to-DVD), I watched Elizabeth Taylor in "The Night Watch," "Butterfield 8" and "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." I watched "The Apartment," "Harper," "Ragdoll," "Hotel Rwanda," "Malcolm X," "Antebellum," "The Raven," "Hotel Artemis," "Den of Thieves" "Gigi," "Carmen Jones," "Brigadoon," "The Thief of Bagdad," "Citizen Kane," "Executive Suite," "Queen Christina," "The Housemaid," "Knives Out," "Better Call Saul" and "Kung Fu."

In What I've Been Watching, I checked out Michelle Yeoh in "Everything Everywhere All At Once," "Free Guy," "The Crazy Ones" and Amazon's reboot of "The Kids in the Hall." This segues directly into my streaming activities, including "Mrs. Brown's Boys," "Shakespeare & Hathaway," Hugh Laurie's Britbox adaptation of Agatha Christie's "Why Didn't They Ask Evans?" and "The Ipcriss File" on AMC+. Also, check out a podcast by Caroline Crampton called "Shedunnit," which came to me highly recommended by "All About Agatha" co-host Kemper Donovan and I heartly agree. She'll be making an appearance shortly on "All About Agatha," and both are well worth a listen.

I celebrate five years of VideoFuzzy with a Zoom interview I conducted in March with actor, writer and host of "The Reduced Shakespeare Podcast," Austin Tichenor. He shared comments on appearances and experiences with shows in my collection including "Close to Home," "The West Wing," "Nip/Tuck" and "The Practice." My thanks to Austin Tichenor both for his time, and for the care he brings to the characters he creates and brings to life.

Finally, I make my Bismarck stage debut as the nutty Dr. Caius in Director Erin Weichel's adaptation of William Shakespeare's "The Merry Wives of Windsor" for Capitol Shakespeare, now in its 15th year. The show goes up July 20-24 at 7 p.m. near the North Dakota Heritage Center. Admission is free; a freewill offering is collected. Come out and enjoy the show! 🎭

LINKS:

Capitol Shakespeare's "The Merry Wives of Windsor" July 20-24, 7pm near the North Dakota Heritage Center: More info at https://www.capitolshakespeare.org/
Placebo "Running Up That Hill" cover from "Vampire Diaries" pilot: https://youtu.be/x5GuBa4Bbnw
The Glitch Mob "Our Demons" from "Den of Thieves": https://youtu.be/VkvOLB7Yzhs
The Reduced Shakespeare Company: https://www.reducedshakespeare.com/

Episodes of VideoFuzzy: The Podcast can be found here: https://bit.ly/39IsQ2h
Episodes of VideoFuzzy: The Video can be found here: https://bit.ly/3kGl3by
TOP TEN: Here's a "top ten" episode guide for people looking for a quick read-in on this blog and podcast effort:  https://videofuzzy.libsyn.com/about Enjoy! 🙃


VideoFuzzy

No comments:

Post a Comment