Sunday, February 27, 2022

Ep. 80: F is for Fiasco


Hi! My name is Terry J. Aman and this installment marks my 80th episode of VideoFuzzy, reporting the progress I've made in cataloging more than 3,000 VHS transfers and digital recordings. For this installment, titled "F is for Fiasco," in my Friday Night Feature, episodes of "Close to Home" spark an unexpected connection with an appearance by Austin Tichenor, host of the Reduced Shakespeare Company podcast.

In Cross Connections, in my "Studio Six Feet Under" challenge, I trace Austin Tichenor's appearances within a step of mystical centrality in my media collection. Also, Jeff Perry appears as a Golden Thread through a lot of the media I grew up watching and throughout my media collection. Also, appearances by Laurie Metcalf, Josh Hopkins, Carrie Preston and Bruno Campos. I don't break out a Fond Reflections this time because 2022 has been brutal, but I encountered a Bob Saget reference in a season 14 episode of "The Simpsons."

In my Classic VHS-to-DVD collection, discussion of "Blind Justice," "Defying Gravity," "The Universe," "Mad Men," "Drop Dead Diva" (with quick aside to Season 19 of "Project Runway,") "Nip/Tuck," "The West Wing" and "The Comedy Central Roast of Pamela Anderson." Also, a song by Alabama3 featured in the BBC's "Being Human."  

In my Current direct-to-digital collection, discussion of title inspiration for this installment, Orson Welles' 1973 documentary "F is for Fake." I talk about "Trance," "The Dark Half," "The Magician," "Gone," "In Cold Blood" and "Badlands." I include a compare-and-contrast of the 1947 and 2021 releases of "Nightmare Alley." Comments on "Doctor Who," "Looper" and "Naomi." Also, I talk about "4400" with breakout commentary on the 2009 reboot of "V" and the 2017 reboot of "Murphy Brown."

In What I've Been Watching, I talk about Joel Coen's Apple TV presentation of "The Tragedy of Macbeth," I run into Lauren Kristy, Live and Linkin Park songs in my iTunes catalog. Shoutout to my friend Mikey Heinrich for the heads up on the opening sequence to HBO Max's "The Peacemaker" at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mrr3UNALww - OMG. Definitely added Wig Wam's "Do You Really Wanna Taste It" to my playlist. Also, block out the time and watch ROFL Audio's "Ultimate James Bond Medley" at https://youtu.be/SeYfAmz0Jlk, it's amazing.

My By the Numbers segment includes a breakdown of the process in putting these things together, and a show so far milestone 3,000 homeburned DVDs!

Finally, a link to my ninth installment of "VideoFuzzy: The Video" with comments from my Friday Night Feature and a show so far with my By the Numbers segment: https://youtu.be/5y_z-XBWWLY

TOP TEN: Here's a "top ten" episode guide for people looking for a quick read-in on this blog and podcast effort. Enjoy! https://videofuzzy.libsyn.com/about

VideoFuzzy on YouTube: https://bit.ly/39IsQ2h


VideoFuzzy

No comments:

Post a Comment