Sunday, June 27, 2021

Ep. 75: Be Kind, Rewind


Hi! My name is Terry J. Aman and this installment marks my 75th episode and fourth year anniversary production of "VideoFuzzy," reporting the progress I've made in cataloging nearly 3,000 VHS transfers and digital recordings. Delayed somewhat by our first roadtrip out of state since the fall of 2019 -- WORTH IT -- my Friday Night Feature this installment, I talk about Mos Def, Jack Black, Danny Glover and Melonie Diaz in an HBO presentation of 2008's "Be Kind, Rewind."

I skip lightly past Cross Connections, touching on Jack Black and Allyce Beasley over the course of the episode, and brief Fond Reflections of Irv Gooch and Ned Beatty, and I highlight Danny Glover as a Golden Thread through my media encounters.

In my Classic Collection (VHS-to-DVD), I have cataloged through disc 1,150. I dig into Damon Wayans, Jada Pinkett Smith and Michael Rapaport in Spike Lee's "Bamboozled" (2000); with comments on David Lynch's "Blue Velvet" and "Eraserhead"; Jon Stewart's Wacky List of Things: Bad Ways to Learn You've Been Fired From Your Life's Work; "Superstore's" Ben Feldman's appearances in "Medium" and "Mad Men"; an appearance by Stan Lee in "The Simpsons"; dueling reviews on the fourth season finale of "Bones"; Apu Nahasapeemapetilon antics and a misdelivered line in "Coming to Homerica," the 20th season finale of "The Simpsons," and "The Golden Compass."

In my Current Collection (digital recordings), I recently cataloged Disc X400 in my Current Collection, comments on the FX Pride documentaries ahead of the third and final triumphant season of "Pose," Katey Sagel in "Rebel," the "Scrubs" sixth season musical episode of "My Musical," "Kids in the Hall" and "Chad," and such movies as Frank Sinatra as "Tony Rome" (1967), "Chances Are" (1989), "Pulp Fiction" (1994), "Glass" (2019) and "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes" (1953).

In my Streaming activities, I stream the final sixth season episode of "Community" IFC declined to rebroadcast. Also, I highlight Cornstock Theatres' streaming stage production of "Talk Radio" on May 29, ahead of their production of "The Complete Works of Shakespeare (Abriged) [Revised]," with comments on a recent PBS "Great Performances" production of Anton Chekov's "Uncle Vanya."

Finally, in "Video Outtakes," I touch on an issue I've struggled with putting this production together: editing my stuttery, stammery recordings, including samples of raw recordings as examples. I appreciate everyone's patience with me in these productions. Onward!

TOP TEN: Here's a "top ten" episode guide for people looking for a quick read-in on this blog and podcast effort. Enjoy!


VideoFuzzy

No comments:

Post a Comment