Thursday, April 29, 2021

Ep. 74: The Psychic is Always Right


Hi! My name is Terry J. Aman and this installment marks my 74th episode of "VideoFuzzy," reporting the progress I've made in cataloging more than 2,900 VHS transfers and digital recordings. In this installment, titled "The Psychic is Always Right," I talk about Amber Tamblyn, Jeremy Renner and Harold Perrineau in Noah Hawley's comic cop drama "The Unusuals."

In my Cross Connections, I highlight Bailey Chase as a Golden Thread, recent Joss Whedon revelations, and Jessica Walter in Fond Reflections. And in What I've Been Watching, productions aired over the course of Black History Month portray centuries of African American lives, including "Roots," "The Color Purple," "Hoodlum," "Judas and the Black Messiah" and "The Trial of the Chicago 7."

In my Classic Collection (VHS-to-DVD), I have cataloged through disc 1,125. Comments on nonbinary representation in a 2009 episode of "Bones," as well as "Desperate Housewives," "Chuck," "Reaper," "Moulin Rouge!" the first season finale of "Ashes to Ashes," the single "Tear You Apart" by She Wants Revenge featured in "Fringe," "Grey's Anatomy" features All Thieves' "Turn and Turn Again," the introduction of Bob Odenkirk's character Saul Goodman in "Breaking Bad," and closing out with Damon Wayans and Michael Rapaport in Spike Lee's "Bamboozled."

In my Current Collection (digital recordings), comments on IFC's rebroadcast of "Kids in the Hall" and "Community," as well as "Cake," "Superstore," National Geographic's "The '80s: The Decade That Made Us" and "Chad," and I explore premise vs. writing in the CW's "Kung Fu." And in Movies, comments on "Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse," "Aquaman," "Come and Find Me," "Eyewitness," "Inside Man" and "Widows," "Hysterical," "Bohemian Rhapsody" and "Escape Room."

Also, I'm coming up on my fourth anniversary production of this podcast in June; please drop me a note or some audio if you'd like to be involved in any way. Feedback is always appreciated!

TOP TEN: Here's a "top ten" episode guide for people looking for a quick read-in on this blog and podcast effort. Enjoy! 


VideoFuzzy

No comments:

Post a Comment