Saturday, February 6, 2021

Ep. 72: Insolent Prelate


Hi! My name is Terry J. Aman and this installment marks my 72nd episode of "VideoFuzzy," reporting the progress I've made in cataloging more than 2,900 VHS transfers and digital recordings. In this installment, titled "Insolent Prelate," commentary on the first few episodes of "Castle" -- taken together with current events -- sparks a deeper dive into the 1964 epic film "Becket." In my Cross Connections, I highlight Betty White as a Golden Thread, and Cloris Leachman in Fond Reflections.

In my Classic Collection (VHS-to-DVD), I talk about "Breaking Bad," "Battlestar Galactica," "Kings," "Cupid" and "Better Off Ted," with additional comments on "South Park," "The Simpsons" and the second season finale of "Damages." I also recently uncovered copies of my TV columns from the Minot Daily News, and noted that with this set, I'm cataloging the set of VHS transfers I was recording when I started my "TV is the New Reading" podcast. Fun!

In my Current Collection (digital recordings), I talk about the 1/6 attacks on the U.S. Capitol and contrast that with the Inauguration ceremony a couple of weeks later, highlighting the music, the fashion and youth poet laureate Amanda Gorman, quoting from her work, "The Hill We Climb." Also, comments on "Community" and "Superstore," and streaming "Cougar Town" and "Mrs. America" on hulu. Finally, I encountered a not especially enlivening panel discussion on C-SPAN from last fall of Shakespeare's work and its influence on American history. Pass.

TOP TEN: Here's a "top ten" episode guide for people looking for a quick read-in on this blog and podcast effort. Enjoy!


VideoFuzzy

No comments:

Post a Comment