Sunday, January 10, 2021

Ep. 71: Lady in Red


Hi! My name is Terry J. Aman and this installment marks my 71st episode of "VideoFuzzy," reporting the progress I've made in cataloging more than 2,900 VHS transfers and digital recordings. In this installment, titled "Lady in Red," I pulled up the pilot episode of "Ashes to Ashes" for my Friday Night Feature, checking Cross Connections with Philip Glenister, Keely Hawes, John Goodman, David Spade, Denis Leary, Josh Gad and Golden Thread Fay Masterson.

In my Classic Collection (VHS-to-DVD), I talk about "The Daily Show" host Jon Stewart's 2009 knockdown drag-out "Brawl Street" interview with "Mad Money" host Jim Cramer over media contributions to the 2008 recession. Quite informative. Also, President Obama's 2009 address to the joint session of Congress, "The West Wing," the Pip-centered "Great Expectations" episode of "South Park" and the PBS special "100 Years of Victor Borge."

In my Current Collection (direct to DVD), I'm very much enjoying my Hulu subscription ["Cougar Town," "Devs," "Letterkenny" and "Archer"] and from a promotional HBO and Cinemax access, I was able to add the first season of "Lovecraft Country." Also, comments on the fourth season finale of "Fargo," the "Doctor Who" New Year's special "The Dalek Revolution" and from DC's "Birds of Prey and The Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn," Harley Quinn lists the many, many reasons Roman Sionis might be targeting her for revenge.

In Videofuzzy at the Movies, along with earlier comments on "Tangled," "The Emperor's New Groove," "Vice," "Parasite," "Stuber" and "Us," I chat about "Ready or Not," "Bad Times at the El Royale," "Bowfinger," "Isn't It Romantic," "Much Ado About Nothing," "Office Christmas Party," "We Bare Bears: The Movie," "Lying and Stealing," "Jojo Rabbit," "The Lovely Bones," "The Girl in the Spider Web."

In Watching Terrible Movies, Jesse Zimmerman of The Average Movie Nerd blog get together to watch and chat about "The Men Who Stare at Goats," "The Lost Skeleton Returns Again," "I, Tonya" and "Dark and Stormy Night."

Finally, in a post-credit "Video Outreach," I close with a poem I wrote and posted Jan. 1, 2021 called "Listen."

TOP TEN: I've added a "top ten" episode guide for people looking for a quick read-in on this blog and podcast effort. Enjoy!


VideoFuzzy

No comments:

Post a Comment