Monday, December 7, 2020

Ep. 70: Crossroads


Hi! My name is Terry J. Aman and this installment marks my 70th episode of "VideoFuzzy," reporting the progress I've made in cataloging more than 2,900 VHS transfers and digital recordings. In this installment, titled "Crossroads," I hope everyone had a great "Stay Inside"-oween and "Wash Your Hands"-giving, and wish everyone a Merry "Six-Feet Aparts"-mas, and eight magical days of "Mask Up." Working together, we will get through this. ❤

In Old Business, a few followup comments on Jeffrey Dean Morgan's appearance on "Grey's Anatomy," and I was able to complete a couple of partial recordings of "Monk" and "Twilight Zone" episodes I've known about in my classic collection.

In my Friday Night Feature, I celebrate the appearance of the pilot episode of Joss Whedon's "Dollhouse" in my media collection, and I talk about my love for the show, the introduction to the concept and its vast, unfulfilled potential.

In Cross Connections, I trace "Dollhouse" and Eliza Dushku in my "Studio Six Feet Under" challenge, and Bernadette Peters as a Golden Thread in my media collection, several others I've encountered in this cataloging effort, and introduce something I called an "alter thread" with actor John Bedford Lloyd appearing in many, many shows that in a very slightly different universe I'd probably be watching.

In my Classic Collection (VHS-to-DVD), I talk about Ally Sheedy's debut as serial killer Mr. Yang in the third season finale of "Psych." Also, comments on "Grey's Anatomy," "Fringe," "The West Wing," "The Simpsons" and "Life."

In my Current Collection (direct to DVD), I watched the debates in the run-up to the 2020 presidential election, and talk about the intersection of politics and news media and my perspectives on both. Also, comments on the series finale of "Supernatural," with a quick shoutout to Neoni's cover of Kansas's "Carry On My Wayward Son" -- perfect vibe. Also, "Superstore," "Fargo," the FX miniseries "Wilderness of Error," the "One Day at a Time" Netflix reboot and take a pass on "B Positive."

In Videofuzzy at the Movies, comments on Uma Thurman in "Down a Dark Hall" (2018), "Darkman" (1990), "Dear White People" (2014), "Slither" (2006), "Purple Rain" (1984), "Crazy Rich Asians" (2018), "The Snowman" (2017), "Oceans 8" (2018), "Darkest Minds" (2018), "Unfriended: The Dark Web" (2018), and "Searching" (2018).

In my special "The First Thousand" segment, I talk about a few highlights from the first thousand discs I've cataloged in my classic collection, fun short-run series, forgotten favorites, movies, pilots, quirky outtakes and history I've archived in discs 0001-1000.

And in By the Numbers, every 10 episodes I update my cataloging progress, both from my last update in episode 60 back in January 2020 and for this collection overall. As of this episode, I find I have cataloged nearly half a year's worth of media combined in 1,025 discs in my Classic Collection and 360 discs in my Current Collection, so ... progress. Enjoy!

TOP TEN: I've added a "Top Ten" episode guide for people looking for a quick read-in on this blog and podcast effort. Enjoy!


VideoFuzzy

No comments:

Post a Comment