Thursday, May 7, 2020

Ep. 64: Unfluential


Hi! My name is Terry J. Aman and this installment marks my 64th episode of "VideoFuzzy," reporting the progress I've made in cataloging more than 2,800 VHS transfers and digital recordings. In this installment, titled "Unfluential," I allow as how my recent birthday nudged me out of the prized 18-49 marketing demographic. I congratulate "Project Runway" season 18 winner Geoffrey Mac.

In my Friday Night Feature, I feature the series finale of "The Shield." I explore the storytelling throughout that series and the media environment of the late Naughties.

In Cross Connections, I retrace some connections for "The Shield," as well as connections through "Will & Grace" and "Motherland: Fort Salem." Also, my discussion of "6 Souls" highlights it as an especially intersectional inclusion in my collection.

In my VideoFuzzy at the Movies collection, I comment on cable presentations of "Black Panther," "Thor: Ragnarok," Kenneth Branagh's "Murder on the Orient Express," "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri," "6 Souls," "mother!" and, from my own collection, "The Room." Yup, at about the 30:00 mark, this episode features the VideoFuzzy review of "The Room." You are welcome.

In my VHS-to-DVD "Classic Collection," I contrast "The Shield" with an especially disappointing second season episode of "Life." Also, comments on "Chuck," "Boston Legal," "Ugly Betty" and actor Michael Urie, "South Park," "The Simpsons," and "Criminal Minds."

In my direct-to-DVD "Current Collection," I discuss the series finale of "The Magicians," along with comments on "Briarpatch," "Vagrant Queen," "Will & Grace" and their "I Love Lucy" episode, "Superstore" and CheyFest 2020 -- get destroyed! -- "Dispatches From Elsewhere," "Brockmire," "Cake," Syfy's "TZGZ," selected IFC rebroadcasts of "Mystery Science Theater 3000," and comments on "Better Call Saul," highlighting standout performances by Rhea Seehorn as Kim Wexler. Also, congratulations to Christine Morse on her and her lovely family's appearance in a regional commercial -- well done!

Finally, under Old Business, I talk about DVR issues I had while recording the series finale of "The Magicians," and I reorganize my approach to this production. Starting next episode, new episodes will drop as I catalog 25 discs. Enjoy!


VideoFuzzy

No comments:

Post a Comment