Thursday, April 2, 2020

Ep. 63: Unconventional Means


Hi! My name is Terry J. Aman and this installment marks my 63rd episode of "VideoFuzzy," my twice-monthly progress report on cataloging more than 2,800 VHS transfers and digital recordings. In this installment, titled "Unconventional Means," I discuss the 12th season finale of "Doctor Who" and its expansion of the Doctor's story as well as current and past adventures.

Oh, and Jodie Whittaker turned up in character on BBC's Doctor Who Official Twitter @bbcdoctorwho recently with a message for children and fans to help them through the global pandemic, which I thought was super classy, retweeted @tjVideoFuzzy.

My Cross Connections explores an FX documentary, "The Most Dangerous Animal of All," on an author whose research into his birth father convinced him he was the son of the Zodiac Killer.

In my VHS-to-DVD "Classic Collection," I talked about Lincoln Meyer abducting Shirley Schmidt in a third season episode of "Boston Legal." Also, decent candidate for a feature, Walter Matthau and Inger Stevens in the kinda gross "A Guide for the Married Man" from 1967, with comments on episodes of "The Simpsons" and "Fringe."

In my direct-to-DVD "Current Collection," I had to stream a couple of episodes of "The Magicians" ahead of the series finale this past week -- the basis for the title this time; I had to pull up ancient digital recordings I had of "Doctor Who," and stream episodes of "The Magicians," otherwise less-traveled media sources for this collection.

Also, lightning round discussion on "Brockmire," "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine," "The Sinner," "Briarpatch," "Dispatches From Elsewhere," "Better Call Saul," and "Motherland: Fort Salem."


VideoFuzzy

No comments:

Post a Comment