Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Ep. 62: Everybody's Talking About How Bad This Is


Hi! My name is Terry J. Aman and this installment marks my 62nd episode of "VideoFuzzy," my twice-monthly progress report on cataloging more than 2,800 VHS transfers and digital recordings. In this installment, titled "Everybody's Talking About How Bad This Is," I highlight "Masks in the Moonlight," a benefit I attended for the Bismarck Cancer Center, and recommend the cause to anyone able to help.

I also discuss musical clips I've put together for past episodes, referencing television theme songs and so forth. With the potential for copyright infringement (none is or has ever been intended in this production), I'll be stepping away from including them in the future.

My "Friday Night Feature" highlights a pivotal episode of "Mad Men." In the run-up to the second season finale, Don deals with separation from his family as the ad firm undergoes major developments in his absence.

In "What I've Been Watching," Ralph and I attend a community theater production of "Greater Tuna," and the title reference, from the NBC series premiere of the Fran Drescher project "Indebted," that is, "Everybody's Talking About the Pilot." This was not a good show, but via "Golden Thread" extension from my "Cross Connections" discussion, I attempt to reconcile Steven Weber's role in that project and elsewhere in my collection, up to and including his significant role in Aaron Sorkin's "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip," which I've identified as one of the mystical centers of my media collection.

In my VHS-to-DVD "Classic Collection," I celebrate the debut of Kristin Chenoweth as Annabeth Schott in the sixth season of Aaron Sorkin's "The West Wing," the fourth episode, titled "Liftoff," with possible comic references to "Noises Off!"

In my direct-to-DVD "Current Collection," I discuss "Supernatural," the run-up to the 12th season finale of "Doctor Who," the third season of "Sherlock," the run-up to the 18th season finale of "Project Runway," the "Bad Tina" episode of "Bob's Burgers" and connections with "Parks and Recreation," premieres of USA shows "The Sinner" and "Briarpatch" and Aaron Paul rocked in the Netflix production "El Camino" (2019).

And in VideoFuzzy at the Movies, "Birds of Prey, and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn" was awesome!


VideoFuzzy

No comments:

Post a Comment