Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Ep. 54: The Palindrome Parallax Paradox Podcast


Hi! My name is Terry J. Aman and this installment marks my 54th episode of "VideoFuzzy," my twice-monthly progress report on cataloging more than 2,800 VHS transfers and digital recordings. In this installment, titled "The Palindrome Parallax Paradox Podcast," I feature the series finale of short-lived ABC Family comic book-inspired series "The Middleman" for my Friday Night Feature, "The Palindrome Reversal Palindrome" and discuss my interest in comic books and graphic novel-inspired media.

In Cross Connections, I trace "Studio Six Feet Under" connections from "The Middleman," as well as connections from the third season of "Eureka" and the 1940 production of "Gaslight" to the 1948 production of "The Red Shoes."

In Old Business, I pull up the closing scenes of the pilot episode of "Raising the Bar" I featured in Episode 53: We Are As Gods, a few moves I called and a few I'd completely forgotten.

In my Classic VHS-to-DVD Collection, I talked about a first season episode of "Prison Break," a fourth season episode of "Nip/Tuck" and a first season episode of "30 Rock" that all turned up recently.

In Crowdsourcing, research continues but breakthroughs thus far prove elusive on Exhibit E, a piece of sketch comedy, some screen caps posted here. Any tips, hints or leads are greatly appreciated.

In my direct-to-DVD Current Collection, some discussion on "Pearson" and "Suits" as well as "Preacher." Also, looking at a few eyecatching commercials, an Audi commercial makes me feel pretty good about what I've heard about the new 007.

In VideoFuzzy at the Movies, I talk about the FX production of Spike Lee's "Summer of Sam" (1998), and I take the opportunity to trace connections from the 1971 production of "The Zodiac Killer," including to Nightstalker reporter Carl Kolchak, highlighted in a couple of my favorite episodes of the Forgotten TV podcast you can find here and here.

In What I've Been Watching, I comment on episodes of "Straight Up Steve Austin" on USA, which drew my attention to his podcast, David Spade's "Lights Out" on Comedy Central and "Supermarket Stakeout" on the Food Network. Finally, Ralph and I recently took in the FMCT's amazing production of Michael Frayn's "Noises Off!"

In Upcoming Shows, looking forward to finally seeing the ninth season of "American Horror Story: 1984," a little bit of FXX weirdness in the series premiere of "Cake," and season premieres of "Superstore" and "The Good Place." Also, BBC America is observing the 50th anniversary of "Monty Python's Flying Circus" by airing first-season episodes Sept. 29. And shoutouts to Geek Radio Daily and Forgotten TV podcasts. Enjoy!


VideoFuzzy

No comments:

Post a Comment