Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Ep. 36: The Podcast That Fell to Earth

Hi! My name is Terry J. Aman and this installment marks my 36th episode of "VideoFuzzy," my twice-monthly progress report on cataloging more than 2,700 VHS transfers and digital recordings. In this installment, titled "The Podcast That Fell to Earth," I open with comments and reactions to the 11th season premiere of "Doctor Who" featuring new Doctor, Jodie Whittaker, in What I've Been Watching.


In my Friday Night Feature, I explore my reactions to a fourth-season episode of "Boston Legal" I found on disc 557, in which Jerry Espenson is accused of sexual assault, Nantucket wants a nuclear warhead and Shirley Schmidt explores end-of-life care options for her ailing father.
My classic VHS-to-DVD collection turned up a scrap of dialogue from a 2007 episode of "The Shield" in which Internal Affairs investigator Jon Kavanaugh is accused of sexual assault by Vic Mackey's ex-wife, which was interesting on a couple different levels. I also found a few more episodes of David Tennant's "Doctor Who," which touched off my renewed call for Whittaker's Doctor to go searching for her daughter.
In current direct-to-DVD recordings, I rip on a few Nerd Shows I recorded, one which appears to have been cobbled together from a couple different programs, and another, "StarTalk" with Neil deGrasse Tyson on National Geographic, which needlessly superimposes a comic talk show structure on advances in scientific inquiry.
In other viewing, I took in episodes of Netflix property "BoJack Horseman" as edited for rebroadcast on Comedy Central, the "Murphy Brown" reboot on CBS, "Superstore," "The Good Place," "Will&Grace" and the season 14 premiere of "Supernatural" -- lots of moving parts on that one.
And shoutout to the script archive hosted at www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk, where I double-checked some of the dialogue I recreated for this recording. Enjoy!

VideoFuzzy

No comments:

Post a Comment