Saturday, September 29, 2018

Ep. 35: And the Award Goes to ... Huh?


Hi! My name is Terry J. Aman and this installment marks my 35th episode of "VideoFuzzy," my twice-monthly progress report on cataloging more than 2,700 VHS transfers and digital recordings. In this installment, titled "And The Award Goes to ... Huh?" I depart from my usual format to discuss the Emmys and my complete lack of interest, mainly due to the fact that I can't even see a lot of these shows without some kind of premium cable or subscription service.

In my classic VHS-to-DVD collection, I talk about an episode of Aaron Sorkin's "The West Wing" that showed up around the same time as part of his "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip." I rip on "Criminal Minds" and "NUMB3RS," and chat about such other shows as "Boston Legal" and "Dexter," which anchors a segue into comments on my current direct-to-DVD recordings of "Supernatural" and then "American Horror Story: Apocalypse."

In what I've been watching I finished season 2 of "The Good Place" in anticipation of the Season 3 premiere this past week, and highlight a viewscreen from the season 1 finale listing the largest contributions to Eleanor Shellstrop's negative rating.

Also, I list corrections going back to March, and determine that I'm just going to correct errors as I encounter them. Finally, one of the podcasts I listen to, "In Our Time: Science," hosted by Melvyn Bragg through BBC Radio 4, has resumed releasing episodes and you can access them here. Enjoy!


VideoFuzzy

No comments:

Post a Comment