Thursday, July 26, 2018

Ep. 30: Exploring Filtered Lives


Hi! My name is Terry J. Aman and this installment marks my 30th episode of "VideoFuzzy," my twice-monthly progress report on cataloging more than 2,700 VHS transfers and digital recordings. In this installment, titled "Exploring Filtered Lives," I talk about Robin Williams' psychological exploration, "The Final Cut" from 2004.

In my Classic Collection, I look at the first season finale of "Criminal Minds," the "Blink" episode of "Doctor Who" and I poke some fun at an episode of "Close to Home." In my Current Collection, I'm caught up with my current direct-to-DVD recordings, which this time included a lost Tom Baker-era episode of "Doctor Who," the second season finale of "Brockmire," and episodes of "South Park" and "Pose," some disturbing themes in "Dietland" and "Legion," some recent missteps on PBS, a few political ads and the second season premiere of "Trial & Error" on NBC.

In What I've Been Watching, in this past month Ralph and I took in the Medora Musical in Medora, North Dakota, the local Capitol Shakespeare production of "Richard the Third," and on a recent road trip, my friend Nathan Irwin stood us to an outstanding production of "The Merry Wives of Windsor" in Normal, Ill., more information on that here.

While there, I chatted with Nathan about some of my early adventures in archiving while at college, some of that conversation featured in my Video Outreach segment. Along with serving as program director for WCBU public radio in Peoria, Nathan lends his voice and considerable insight to the weekly "Out and About" podcast, with more about that here.

Finally, I included a show-so-far on my archiving progress in my By the Numbers segment, and debuted my Upcoming Shows segment highlighting new seasons of "Better Call Saul" on AMC and "Sinner" on USA, and dismissing CBS productions "FBI" and "God Friended Me."


VideoFuzzy

No comments:

Post a Comment