Saturday, February 9, 2019

Ep. 42: Life, This Podcast and Everything


Hi! My name is Terry J. Aman and this installment marks my 42nd episode of "VideoFuzzy," my twice-monthly progress report on cataloging more than 2,700 VHS transfers and digital recordings. In this installment, titled "Life, This Podcast and Everything," as I break into my fourth binder of DVDs, I discover the second half of the pilot episode of "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip," which I assert is the mystical center of my personal media universe: Despite its having aired for only one season in 2006-07, it is remarkably easy to highlight connections between this show and just about everything else in my media collection.

In my Classic Collection, I highlight significant episodes of "Dead Like Me," a mess of "Monty Python's Flying Circus" episodes and the goofy fourth season premiere of "Wire in the Blood" as well as "The Shield," "Nip/Tuck," "South Park," "The Simpsons" and the 2007 documentary "Prison Nation" on National Geographic.

In my Current Collection, I talk about "I Am the Night" on TNT, "Surviving R. Kelly" and "Escaping the Madhouse: The Nellie Bly Story" on Lifetime, with comments on "grown-ish," "A Million Little Things" and "The Good Place," as well as Syfy presentations of "The Magicians," "Deadly Class" and an episode of "The Twilight Zone" featuring Carol Burnett. Also, I discuss my approach to spoilers.

Finally, I'm still looking for assistance with crowdsourcing Exhibit E, sketch comedy featuring young women in medieval times. Photos posted here.


VideoFuzzy

No comments:

Post a Comment