Thursday, September 13, 2018

Ep. 34: Everything is Fine


Hi! My name is Terry J. Aman and this installment marks my 34th episode of "VideoFuzzy," my twice-monthly progress report on cataloging more than 2,700 VHS transfers and digital recordings. In this installment, titled "Everything is Fine," I continue working through weirdnesses in my music collection, and my Friday Night Feature welcomes the first appearance of "Arrested Development" episodes in my catalog.

In my classic VHS-to-DVD collection, I talked about Dana Delany and her curious collection of printed material regarding humanoid Cylons on "Battlestar Galactica."

Heading into my current direct-to-DVD recordings, I caught a few movies including "Sausage Party" and "The Book of Life" on FX and "The Fifth Estate" on TNT, which I wasn't nearly so enthusiatic about as the film was for its subject, Julian Assange and the establishment of Wikileaks. "Preacher" closed out its third season, "Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency" was a hoot, and as of this past week I've nearly finished watching Season 13 of "Supernatural," just in time for the 14th season premiere, set for next month.

Nerd shows this week included the Science Channel presentation of The Lost Gospels, which generally were not "lost" so much as they were rejected and suppressed as heretical, as well as discussions on the internal structure of the sun and nuclear fusion from several different sources, including "How the Universe Works" on the Science Channel, The "In Our Time: Science" podcast put together by BBC Radio 4, and "The Most Wanted Particle" by Jon Butterworth, physicist and ATLAS project lead at CERN.

Finally, in what I've been watching, I plowed through the first season disc set for "The Good Place" over Labor Day weekend, and am very much looking forward to watching the second season disc set ahead of the third season, premiering later this month on NBC.


VideoFuzzy

No comments:

Post a Comment