Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Ep. 24: Podcast Like Me: Sherwood Transfer


Hi! My name is Terry J. Aman and this installment marks my 24th episode of "VideoFuzzy," my twice-monthly progress report on cataloging more than 2,700 VHS transfers and digital recordings.

My Friday Night Feature highlights the pilot episode of HBO's "Dead Like Me" as edited for rebroadcast on SciFi. A crowdsourcing attempt settled out of court when I was able to track down on my own the source of three clips from "Rockstar Supernova" off CBS. My classic collection turned up the pilot episode of "Psych," the CG-heavy NOVA presentation of "The Elegant Universe" with Brian Greene and strong episode installments of "Rescue Me," "Monk" and AMC's "Hustle."

My current collection turned up a PBS presentation of 2013's "Hawking" about the life of physicist Stephen Hawking in his own words and interviews with family and friends. Also, the BBC America presentation of "An Adventure in Space and Time" -- a sort of making-of dramatization of the first seasons of "Doctor Who" -- the "Doctor Who" Christmas Special 2017 "Twice Upon a Time" and a look back at the Peter Capaldi and Stephen Moffat eras, along with a couple of Mark Twain award presentations and the series premiere of "Happy!"

In What I've Been Watching, some comments on the finales of "The Alienist," "American Crime Story: The Assassination of Gianni Versace" and "The Magicians," as well as the live version of "Jesus Christ Superstar" and oh my yes: The second season premiere of "Legion," which destroyed my ability to even.

Finally, in "Video Outreach," I helped Nancy Pearson, a theater friend of mine in Minot, with transferring a half-dozen VHS tapes of Stanley, N.D., speech and music nights and an all-school reunion dating from the late-'80s and early-'90s that she said turned up in a housecleaning enterprise. Following the transfer, I was able to hand them off to her and get some reactions. Good to check in!


VideoFuzzy

No comments:

Post a Comment