Thursday, June 22, 2023

Ep. 88: Psyched Out


Hi! My name is Terry J. Aman and this installment marks my 88th episode of VideoFuzzy, reporting the progress I've made in cataloging more than 3,000 VHS transfers and digital recordings. This installment, titled "Psyched Out," fulfills a promise I made years ago, Oct. 2019, in "Ep. 56: Embrace the Deception." This promise was renewed a couple episodes back when a long-awaited first-season episode of "Psych" turned up in my cataloging.

That is, the first half of it appeared. My cataloging for this set turned up the second half of that episode, to wit, "Cloudy With a Chance of Murder." I'd already long since added the eighth-season do-over, titled "Remake: AKA Cloudy With a Chance of Improvement" to my current collection. So when the second half of the original turned up, I was able to pull them both up for a long ago promised compare and contrast.

And since this installment also marks six years of VideoFuzzy, I took another road trip to Minot to visit my friend Kirk Nybakken to celebrate, take in both episodes back to back and discuss them.

I track some Cross Connections through the casts of "Psych," "Six Feet Under," "Bones," "Commander in Chief" and "Killer Instinct" and trace a Golden Thread through my collection with the work of Zjelko Ivanek.

In my Classic Collection, cataloging discs 1451 through 1475, along with the remainder of that "Psych" episode I found a whole lot of series recordings with concentrations of "Battlestar Galactica," "Bones," "NUMB3RS," "Six Feet Under" and "24," as well as "The Prisoner" and "Monty Python's Flying Circus." Also, the 78th Annual Oscars celebration, hosted by Jon Stewart, and a bunch of music videos.

In my Current Collection I archived the latter seasons of "BoJack Horseman," and took in the Amazon Films production of "The Goldfinch." And under What I've Been Watching, Ralph stood me to a production of "The Machine," which was ridiculous fun.

TOP ELEVEN: Here's a "Top Eleven" episode guide for people looking for a quick read-in on this blog and podcast effort: https://videofuzzy.libsyn.com/about. Enjoy! 🙃


VideoFuzzy

No comments:

Post a Comment