Friday, April 5, 2019

Ep. 45: Death and the Podcast


Hi! My name is Terry J. Aman and this installment marks my 45th episode of "VideoFuzzy," my twice-monthly progress report on cataloging more than 2,700 VHS transfers and digital recordings. In this installment, titled "Death and the Podcast," I encounter one of my very favorite movies, the IFC presentation of "Death and the Maiden" (1994) on disc 653, and talk about it for my Friday Night Feature.

In the VHS-to-DVD transfers I talk about for my Classic Collection, I found episodes of "Fear Itself," "MI-5," "Doctor Who," "South Park," and "Monty Python's Flying Circus."

In Cross Connections I found, I celebrate dynamic performances of widely variant characters by Missi Pyle in episodes of "Boston Legal" and "In Plain Sight." Also of note: The new season of "Brockmire" will feature Richard Kind, J.K. Simmons, Martha Plimpton and Linda Lavin. Also, I track a possible sighting of Evan Peters in "The Inside," along with an actual sighting of Garret Dillahunt.

In my direct-to-DVD Current Collection, I encounter the second season of "Good Behavior," four Shatterbox productions, employee chat banter in "Superstore," President Trump banter in "Full Frontal," BBC America's "The Great Bear Stakeout," the "Deadly Class" finale, and the second season premiere of "Happy!"

In What I've Been Watching, "Captain Marvel" was amazing. I won't likely be watching "Shazam," but I'm definitely looking forward to "Avengers: Endgame." Also, we took in the University of Mary stage production of "The 39 Steps" at the Belle Mehus in downtown Bismarck, which was absolutely fantastic.

In Upcoming Shows, I'm looking forward to the new season of "Brockmire" on IFC, and the series premiere of "A Discovery of Witches."


VideoFuzzy

No comments:

Post a Comment