Sunday, March 17, 2019

Ep. 44: A Million Gallons of Schmaltz



Hi! My name is Terry J. Aman and this installment marks my 44th episode of "VideoFuzzy," my twice-monthly progress report on cataloging more than 2,700 VHS transfers and digital recordings. In this installment, titled "A Million Gallons of Schmaltz," I feature a third-season episode of "Boston Legal" and trace a few intriguing connections highlighted in the show, followed by a not-flattering examination of a recent episode of "The Blacklist."

In my classic collection, I found a few more classic "Monty Python's Flying Circus" episodes, episodes of "Fear Itself" and "The Shield," and a fantastic Agatha Christie-themed fourth season episode of "Doctor Who" titled "The Unicorn and the Wasp." Plus, a few interesting commercials I found along the way.

In my current collection, I tear into the finale of "A Million Little Things," then share my views on TNT's "I Am the Night" series, and "Root of Evil," the semi-affiliated podcast put together by the great-granddaughters of Dr. George Hodel, a suspect in the 1947 Black Dahlia murder in L.A. I trace some connections through Syfy's "Deadly Class" and "The Magicians," and bring in the pilot episode of "Parks and Recreation" -- that's one down, 124 to go -- looking forward to it!

Then under Old Business, I reorganize my recordings of seasons 1 and 2 of NBC's "Trial & Error," and the second season of the FX production of "Legion" into homemade DVD sets, and take the opportunity to revisit my reactions to storyline and character development in "Legion." That is, I accept that the once more or less sympathetic title character has transformed into an amoral anti-hero, but I reject my fellow podcasters' assertion ("Damn That Television" Ep. 147, around timecode 0:49:30) that it's one of the worst shows of 2018.

Finally, in Upcoming Shows, Chris Meloni and Patton Oswalt are set to return for a second season of "Happy!" on Syfy. Enjoy!

VideoFuzzy

No comments:

Post a Comment